This post contains affiliate links to help our readers discover the best tips and resources to fix time management problems!
We all have too many priorities and too little time to do them justice. You can create more free time in your life by asking yourself a few questions. Find the best solutions to your time management problems for a productive and stress free day and lifestyle.
Questions are powerful, because they focus your attention and generate solutions. You just have to ask the right questions! And they could get you closer to the time management tips for you.
Ask yourself these questions and create more space in your life
- What are my three greatest distractions at home? The most common distractions and time wasters are often electronic in nature. Your cell phone, laptop, and the television can leave you wondering where the time went. Other distractions might include an annoying neighbor, an organization that requires too much of your time, or frequent headaches.
Think of ways to eliminate or minimize these distractions and spend your time in a more meaningful way.
- Am I making the best use of the free time I already have available? When you do have free time, how do you use it? Consider both the small blocks of time you have available throughout the day and the larger segments of time that you have free.
- If you’re waiting for a meeting to start, how do you use that time?
- Are you using your time in the car as productively as possible? You could use the time to make phone calls or listen to educational programs.
- Examine all the spare time you have each day and resolve to use it more productively.
Identify Your Greatest Distractions At Work
- What are the three greatest distractions I have at work? An overly chatty cubicle mate might be neutralized with headphones. You can turn off the ringer on your phone. Think of the distractions you face and create solutions.
- What are my priorities? Make a list of your work and personal priorities. You can’t focus your time and plan your activities effectively if you’re unaware of your priorities. You can focus your attention by reminding yourself of your priorities each day.
- What are the optional activities in my life? Make a list of everything you do in your life that’s optional – from watching TV to playing softball on the weekends. Some of those activities add to your life in meaningful ways, while others do not. Which of those activities are you willing to give up to create more space in your life?
Is It time to Simplify & Scale Back?
- How can I simplify my life? How many blogs, free eCourses, and podcasts do you follow? Are they all helping you with your time management problems? Are they all helping you solve specific problems in your life?
- How often do you check your email? Is that more often than necessary?
- Can you hire someone to mow your grass or clean your home?
- Can you get rid of a few possessions that are taking up time and space in your life?
- What would I do if I had more free time? How would you spend that time? With whom would you spend it? If you can identify how you want to spend your free time, you might become more motivated to create more free time in your life.
Are you lacking enough time to enjoy your life? It’s time to set priorities and reduce distractions.
Decide what is most important to you. Then determine how you’re using your time inefficiently. Ask yourself the important questions that will allow you to make meaningful changes.
Invest in the best time management tools for women on the go. Free up your time for your priorities. You’ll be glad you did!
STRUGGLING TO MANAGE YOUR TIME, CONQUER STRESS, & ACHIEVE BALANCE?
Get my amazing FREE guide highlighting the 50 simple stress management activities SMART women do often to conquer stress and get back into balance.
- Finally learn 50 simple things other women do to create balance and peace in their life
- Learn which natural strategies to use so that you won’t have to pop pills or take medication
- Finally build your own “go-to” list of effective, easy, enjoyable activities to consistently destress your life & unlock true happiness